Jun 22, 2007

My sadistic glee.

“We are making a dent,” said Ontario police Cpl. Jeff Higbee. “But it’s summertime and… we expect to see more activity”



Reading the article referenced above, I felt a delicious glee and sense of satisfaction. I only wish they would do the same thing around my neighborhood. I live not to far from a park and the local streets sometimes can be the site of these loud, buzz-bomb sounding little heaps soaring their way through the neighborhood. Almost always they are smaller compacts and I get the sense the drivers have seen one of the 2 Fast 2 Furious movies one too many times.

Aside from the danger to other drivers and pedestrians (and there are a lot of kids around because of the park), I cannot begin to tell you how annoying it is for one of these idiots to decide to go roaring up the block around 1 in the morning in what is otherwise a very sedate and quiet area.

In a word, schmucks.

No comments: